Wednesday, July 27, 2016

#GOMO : 2D1N Food Trip to KL


Since there were few days of continuous holiday for 5 days (I actually took one day unpaid leave to make it a long holiday), boyf and I decided to go Kuala Lumpur for some nice food. It was also my birthday on the previous day so I also called it as my birthday getaway. Hehehe. 

We depart early in the morning so that we can have brunch once we arrived. Not a breakfast person (at breakfast time) so once we woke up we departed. We arrived around 11am and we decided to go Pavilion area first as our check-in time is 2pm. 

First stop, Tous Les Jours. 
We have a quick breakfast there. I have to say their pastry are so so so awesome! I swear can have it everyday if the shop is just next to my house. 
Smoked Salmon & some Puff Pastry. 

We then headed to Pavilion to walk a while. I manage to got something from Innifree store (I guess its newly opened) and got a membership. I am always a fans of Korean Beauty / Skin Care Products especially Nature Republic and Innisfree is my new favorite. 

Tips: All you need is to purchase anything from the store and you can signup for membership. Purchase up to RM30 and they will give you a free gift. Find out more from their Facebook Page
Benefit of being an Innisfree member. This is from the email I get after I signed up. 

At about 1pm, we left Pavilion to go to Bandar Sunway to check-in to our hotel. Our stay was at Time Hotel Bandar Sunway. Don't expect too much as it is a budget hotel and it was good enough for one-night-stay. You can consider this hotel if you are planning to go KL for a budget short trip.

After check-in and left our luggage in our room, we checked-in at Sunway Pyramid! The first thing I wanted to do was to find llao llao. If you are a fans of Froyo, this is like the best among all I've tried! There was really long queue at the stall but it's worth the wait. Hehe. 

Signature.


After some shopping session, we are quite hungry as we only have brunch earlier without proper meal. So we left to Mont Kiara for dinner. Guess what's for dinner? 

Taa-daaaa !! 

GOGI KING 
There were so many people sharing about this Korean BBQ Restaurant because of the cheeseeee BBQ. We were lucky to be there at around 6+, there was only 2-3 tables left. We managed to grab a seat by the time we arrived. A while later, the restaurant was fully seated and there were people queuing for a table outside. 
I am not going to explain much, so let the pictures do the talking! 
Excited face! Can't wait to feast! 
Soju - RM 18.00 each
Cheers ! 
Kimchi Stew - RM 20.00
Dinner is served! 
Two kinds of meat + Octopus - RM 65.00
Look at the cheeseeeee!
Extra Cheese - RM 8.00

The night was still young after dinner. Our last destination was the famous tourist spot - Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC)
We got no idea why we went there but we just went. We watched the fountain show like the rest of the tourists. 


We also found Godiva for their signature ice-cream! It was so so so good despite it's expensive price. It's so worth the price seriously. The ice-cream is soooo smooth, so much better than any ice-cream I've had. 


We took about an hour plus to travel back to hotel because we were lost. It was a really tiring day. So I need to sleep until I automatically wake up the next day. It's a relaxing trip, not any trip that you have to follow up with schedule. So, it's okay to sleep as much as you want.  

Day 2. 
Woke up by boyf because we need to check-out at 11am. So we prepared and left for brunch at Publika. My friend recommended to try out Red Beanbag. Unfortunately, it was closed for several days. We ended up went to Fahrenheit 600°. I like the environment there, so cozy so comfortable. 

They serve good coffee and chocolate. I ordered Chocolate and boyf ordered Mocha. The chocolate is so rich and it's not too sweet. The breakfast are good too. I loveeee breakfast like this. I can eat breakfast at dinner time. It would be so good to have restaurant/cafes to serve breakfast 24 hours. I will love the restaurant/cafes.
Hot Chocolate
Mocha with a description card. 
Smoked salmon with avocado spread.
(I forgot the name and price) 
Breakfast which I forgot the name and price.

Boyf took so many nice pictures for me. I have to highlight this cause he always take ugly photos of me. Big applause for BB this time! Hehe 

@ Flirting Point 
Big love to this picture! 
We went to Mid Valley after that and we couldn't eat anything more as we were still full from brunch. 

Last stop - Tous Les Jours @ Empire Damansara Mall
Yes, we were back at this cafe again because we needed to grab a quick bite before we left for Ipoh, just in case we are hungry on the way back. 
Secretly hoping that it will have a branch in Ipoh so I can visit it all the time. 
The blueberry with cream cheese pastry is my favorite! 
Goodbye KL! Goodbye Holiday! 

There end my short getaway food trip to KL! 

In case you are wondering what is GOMO, it means "Going Out More Often". It's about to move away from materialism, and towards more experientialism! 
People nowadays seems to prefer to stay at home watch dramas, Netflix, Chill etc instead of going out. 
If going for an oversea trip is too pricey for you, why not choose a short trip to the state nearby? It could be a good idea for a relaxing weekend to spend with your friends, family and loved one too. ;) 

Lastly, hope you enjoyed this short video of my trip! 
Thanks to my best friend who edited this for me! 



Till then, 
xx

No comments: